Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Wow it's been over a year since I posted,  lots has happened, nothing earth shattering or life changing only normal change.  Lets see... where to start?  As of today Pen K and Gigi are living with us.  Penny was out of work so long that it got to a point they wouldn't renew her lease and when her lease was up for renewal she had just started a part time job and it wasn't enough.  I'm glad she let me help her.  They are both staying in Rylie's room.  I hope they don't feel too couped up.  I know how that feels being corralled into one room. I mean she can come out into the living room etc... but I'm sure she and Julia feel a bit awkward living in such a small space with 3 other people.  Scott has been tolerable but he can be a pill at times.  Anyway since they've been here I've gotten the toilet fixed, the garbage disposal and the dishwasher fixed and all my laundry done including blankets.  I think for me it's been a win win situation.  :)  I would rather live with her than Scott. He doesn't clean up anything and spends free time either asleep or at the poker room.  


I had an interview with Volusia County Sheriff Office on June 7th.  It went ok I guess.  I just have to sit and wait for a call.  The only bad thing is that they could offer me a position that is contingent on drug test, background check and possible polygraph.  I don't have anything to hide though other than the fact that I have taken prescription drugs that weren't prescribed to me in the past.  I worry about that.  


Our girl scout troop is still hanging in there.  We just bridged to brownies at Gemini Springs and then celebrated the bridging of the whole organization at Epcot.  We had a really nice weekend.  I got a little stressed at Epcot when I was asked to lead the group and as soon as I started nobody wanted to follow.  Leading the girls is one thing but it is almost impossible to lead grown ups.  Also some are not as willing to let their little ones experience things even if the little one insists they are ready to explore i.e. the Sorin ride,  child "I really want to do it" Mom "you won't like it and I'm not going to put you on it."  "but mom I really want to try it" "no!"  This went on and on until we were all on a boat slowly moving about learning about fossil fuels and horticulture.  As long as my kid can't stand up and jump off, if she says she wants to try it... we try it.  Well as long as it's legal.  She's ready to drive a car but I have to make her wait till neither one of us will lose our driver's license.  ;)  Oh and her being able to see over the steering wheel would be good too.  Oops off on a tangent....  I will also be taking on a 4th grade junior troop too.  We have 3 girls so far 2 from St Peter's and one from Stetson Baptist.  


Well enough for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment